The field of Personal Training, and the needs of modern day professional Personal Trainers, is rapidly evolving in line with the broad ranging needs and goals of the clients they serve.
As a result, the industry has never been more competitive.
Highly successful Personal Trainers are results driven and confidently differentiate their services offered to provide an ethical service and sustain a highly successful business.
Driving this success is a more scientific and evidence-based approach to programming, training, monitoring and managing clients which translates to better client retention as well as attracting new clients.
This qualification provides learners with the enhanced knowledge and skills to fully understand their clients, utilise an evidence-based approach to programming and develop a successful and sustainable Personal Training business, including:
- Research, evaluation and use of credible research and information to inform personal training / coaching practice.
- Integration and application of technologies, digital and social media into personal training practice to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
- The application of behaviour change and communication techniques to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
- Assessment, performance analysis and evaluation to support, enhance and manage the client journey.
- Design and application of long-term periodisation, planning, coaching and evaluation to optimise client success
- Learners must hold a Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (or equivalent).
- Learners must be able to apply factual and theoretical knowledge and be able to use a range of cognitive and practical skills to generate specific solutions for personal training clients. This will require learners to work in predictable and unpredictable situations using knowledge, skills and competencies pitched at level 4.
Learners must complete the two mandatory units.
Our courses are run on a one-to-one face to face basis with added online support. The course will also need a fair amount of self-motivation to learn and carry out course work when not with your assessor to revise for set exams and practical sessions.
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning
- Level 4 Special Populations related qualifications (i.e. GP Referral or Injury Rehab)
- Other Level 3 and 4 technical qualifications in related subjects
Learners may also progress onto qualifications in the sector, such as Sports Massage Therapy, where you will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practise Sports Massage Therapy alongside Personal Training in a Health Club environment or in their own business.
With the included learner portal access, we will guide you through the set up and initial growth of your business.