This qualification aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment.
During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
- Health and safety in the fitness environment.
- The skills to conduct client and group inductions in a gym-based environment and support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle.
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions.
- Professionalism for fitness instructing.
- Personal and professional development.
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
- The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Learners must complete the five mandatory units.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Kettlebells.
- Other Level 2 and 3 technical qualifications in related subject