This qualification trains learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes whilst also developing skills and knowledge to pursue a career in Personal Training.
During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology, functional kinesiology and concepts and components of fitness.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Analysis of client information using the most accepted techniques.
- Assessment of a client’s current health and fitness status.
- Planning and conducting of physical activity sessions, within a variety of environments using multiple resources.
- Client consultations using the most accepted methods and providing strategies for successful behaviour change.
- Communication skills to effectively build successful relationships with their clients and other health care professionals.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance
- Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is ideal but in no way necessary
- The course requires physical participation therefore a basic level of fitness will be required
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved so please take this into account
Learners must complete the eleven mandatory units.
Our courses are run on a one-to-one face to face basis with added online support. The course will also need a fair amount of self-motivation to learn and carry out course work when not with your assessor to revise for set exams and practical sessions.
This qualification provides progression on to:
- Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training
- Other Level 3 and 4 technical qualifications in related subjects
Learners may also progress onto qualifications in the sector, such as Sports Massage Therapy, where you will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practise Sports Massage Therapy alongside Personal Training in a Health Club environment or in their own business.
With the included learner portal access, we will guide you through the set up and initial growth of your business.